Monday, August 3, 2009

More Inglorious Basterds Math

Inglorious Basterds Math

Sergeant Donnie Donowitz
Sergeant Donnie Donowitz aka "The Bear Jew"

=

Eli Roth
Eli Roth, director of Cabin Fever, Hostel, Hostel - Part II and the Thanksgiving trailer from the Grindhouse double feature.

+

G.I. Joe Teddy Williams
G.I. Joe Teddy Williams

+

Member of the Baseball Furies
The Baseball Furies street gang from Walter Hill's The Warriors

*****

Donnie Donowitz is very specifically a Boston Jew, so it might seem wrong to include the Yankee pinstripe wearing Baseball Furies in the equation, but the introduction of "the Bear Jew" seems to quote The Warriors quite directly with Donowitz unseen down a tunnel banging his bat off the walls, which to me is a quote of the Baseball Furies entrance in the Warriors (or at least the way that I remember that entrance, that they are heard before they are seen.)

I didn't even know that there was a Teddy Williams G.I. Joe until I found it on Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment